Women Ministry (WM)
The Mission of Women’s ministries at CITAM Thika Rd. is to “present every woman complete in Christ,” for His glory and “for the equipping of the saints for the work of the ministry, to the building up of the body of Christ.” (Colossians 1:29, Ephesians 4:12)
Our desire is to bring honor and glory to God through:
- Spiritual growth: To encourage women to a lifestyle of devotion and joyful obedience to Christ as Savior and Lord as they love Him, walk in the power of His Holy Spirit and are transformed by the power of His Word into His likeness.
- Fellowship: To provide opportunities for women to develop new friendships and strengthen existing ones.
- Mentoring/Discipleship: To provide opportunities to come alongside a woman to model, equip, and train through lifestyle, life experiences and scripture.
- Equipping: To present opportunities in leadership, Bible studies, mentoring, evangelism and the spiritual disciplines.
Small Group fellowship- ladies have been divided into groups to enhance individual fellowship, personal touch and support through monthly meetings and home visitation at group level.
Activities that target special groups of women – widows and single mums group (Tabitha ministry) meetings and fellowship.
Other activities include: monthly meetings, prayer meetings, panel discussions and talks, mentoring programs, social work, evangelism and outreach
Membership: This is open to all ladies and women from 18 years and above
The women ministry meets every third Saturday of the month from 8:00am-12:00noon.
Men of Impact (MOI)
This is a ministry that focuses on reaching all men in the church specifically those aged 18 years and above.
Vision: To transform men for God’s purposes
Mission: To empower men to walk with Christ in church, home, work place and community
- Enlist men to work in the Lords vineyard
- Empower men to take up their role in the home, church, work and the community
- Facilitate ways and involve men in deploying their resources for God’s purposes
- Empower and offer opportunity to men to propagate the gospel
- Mentor younger men to be men of integrity
- Promote spiritual and social accountability
- Develop men to be good stewards of God’s creation
- Transform men to be positive agents in the home, church, work and community
- Engage men on issues related to relationships, marriage, family , sexuality ,health etc
- Prayer meetings
- Panel discussions and talks
- Bible study
- Evangelism and outreach
- Mentoring programs
- Financial empowerment projects
- Social work
Membership: Membership is open to all men
The ministry meeting is every third Saturday of the month from 8:00 am
This is a Ministry for Singles over 30 years
VISION: Transforming the Single Person into Christ-likeness
MOTTO: Wait on the LORD!
THEME: Isa 40:31:But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint. NKJV
MISSION: To facilitate the single person to enjoy a wholesome relationship with Christ by providing forums to interact, foster growth, accountability and outreach.
1 – To fulfil the great commission by presenting Jesus Christ to the single person.
2 – To facilitate discovering their calling in ministry by providing an enabling environment.
3 – To advocate, equip and participate in leadership and mentoring roles within the church and society.
4 – To provide forums to mingle, enjoy, interact and form wholesome meaningful friendships that foster growth and accountability.
5 – To develop a resource bank through godly networks for career prosperity and business programs.
6 – To facilitate support systems for the hurting to heal.
- Monthly meeting – 1st. Sunday of the Month.
- Other Planned activities for the year.
This is a ministry for singles over 30 years.
Youth Ministry is deﬁned as the response of the Church to the needs of young people, fostering their faith in Jesus Christ and their communion with the Blessed Trinity, and drawing them into responsible participation in the life, mission and ministry of the Church.
Youth Ministry is a series of programs and activities to give young people a chance to participate in Church life, develop their own faith and spirituality, and discover new friendships.
There are various fellowships under the youth ministry as discussed below;
This is a fellowship of young men and women between the ages of 25 and 36 years. Membership is open to all young professionals irrespective of their academic qualifications, employment, ethnic, marital or social status.
VISION: To bring glory to God through the use of the Biblical principles, creating unity among the group by providing opportunities for fellowship and belonging, cultivating the lives of our members and each other through discipleship, and reaching out to the community through acts of service to others and mission events
MISSION: To make an eternal impact for Christ in the market place and our spheres of influence
- To help the young professional discover God’s purposes for his or her life
- To develop the young professional spiritually, emotionally, academically, physically, financially and socially
- To draw others into the Kingdom of God through evangelism and missions
- To encourage the concept of family within the fellowship
This is a ministry in the church that seeks to minister through the dramatization of relevant issues that everyone can identify with. We also minister through dance, music, poetry and writing
VISION: To see the church impacted by the gospel through drama
MISSION: To shed light and bring awareness on various issues affecting the church and society as a whole through drama
We aspire to accomplish this through
- Giving undivided attention to prayer and living a holy life as enjoined by the Holy Bible
- Steadfast dedication to crafting and rehearsing varied plays and skits that touch on current and relevant issues to all Christians
- To allow God to use out talents to reach souls for Christ and help Christians gain a deeper relationship with the Lord
- Must be born again
Crossroads is a fellowship under the youth ministry for all young people aged 19- 25. Many of the members in this fellowship are those in universities and college or are just starting out their careers. Their meeting takes place every Sunday apart from the last Sunday of the month at 11:15am – 1:00pm.
This is a platform for these young and vibrant people to grow in the knowledge of God, connect with other believers of their age, have fun, and go for retreats and camps.
VISION: To equip all young people as Disciples of Christ to become transformed leaders impacting this generation
This is a young ladies fellowship that seeks to disciple and equips them to grow into full grown up godly women, and responsible future wives and parents. We meet every last Sunday of the month from 11.15-1.00PM.
Are you a young lady–this is the place for you!
Teen’s ministry is a ministry under the youth ministry that caters for all young people aged 13 to 19 years.
Our effort is to provide an enabling environment for teens to love God, appreciate church, grow spiritually, find social support and simply enjoy themselves. Our ministry seeks to be relevant to the teens by meeting their social-spiritual needs at their level. We also seek to create a ministry where the teens are actually involved in serving the lord and others.
VISION: To see the teens of our church transformed by Christ to impact the teens in Nairobi for Christ
MISSION: To create an enabling environment for the teens
Structure of Teen’s ministry
- Teen’s service: takes place every Sunday at 11:15-1:00pm in the PAC University Chapel. The service is run by the teens and supervised by the youth pastor. There are also adult youth workers available to counsel, encourage and mentor the teens.
- Ex-candidates Fellowship: this is a fellowship of young people who have completed high school and are waiting to go to campus. They meet every Thursday from 2pm and Sunday from 9am-11am. This provides a platform for discipleship, mentorship, fellowship, friendship and fun for the Ex-candidates as they wait and prepare for further studies and for their careers.
This is a young men’s fellowship that targets to disciple and equip them to grow into full grown up godly men, and responsible future husbands and parents. We meet every last Sunday of the month from 11.15-1.00PM.
All young men are welcome.
Requirements for youth workers;
- Must be born again
- Have a heart for young people
- Be ready to mentor and walk with young people
- Be available